Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dil Dance Maare - Tashan

Playback - Sukhwinder Singh, Udit Narayan & Sunidhi Chauhan

Music - Vishal - Shekhar

Lyrics - Vishal

By far the most tapori song this year is what I think of Dil Dance Maare!
This song has been playing quite a bit and yes, it hasn't featured till date because I never really thought the song was any great when I first heard it.. but I guess some songs are liked a little more when they get a little popular.. and I guess the case is the same.

Akshay Kumar and Saif look whacked in the blonde avataar.. but Kareena still carried it off pretty well is what I think..

Coming to the music of the song.. the beginning with the harmonium just takes me back to Bidi Jalaile from Omkara.. which also had quite a bit of the harmonium playing.. I guess it's the "tapori" kind of touch given to the song.. it's got good beats and the nice guitar music too.. It's a good blend of Indian and Western beats.. also maybe because of the blondes that feature in the song besides the Bollywood stars..

All in all.. I think the song makes me happy in my heart when I hear the song :)

And.. the funniest lines are:
White white face dheke dil woh beating fast sasura
Jaan se maare re
Aahh…White white face dheke dil woh beating fast sasura
Jaan se maare re
Oh very… oh very…Oh very happy in my heart
Dil dance maare re

..Creative lyrics & I must say.. good job Vishal!

No comments: