Tuesday, October 30, 2007

O Re Piya - Aaja Nachle

Playback - Rahat Fateh Ali Khan

Music - Salim - Sulaiman

Lyrics - Jaideep Sahni & Piyush Mishra

I think the songs sung by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan by default, are good!
He sings with so much passion and feeling..you're totally into the mood of the song once you listen to it.

It's got decent music, the harmonium reminds me of a Qawali somehow.. and also another song which I just cannot recollect!

Aaja Nachle is Madhuri Dixit's comeback movie after 5 years.. her last Bollywood film being Devdas.. and I think she looks and acts and dances as well as ever!

If you listen to the song for the first time.. you might just get the feeling that it's a dull, slow and depressing song.. but do listen to it.. pay attention to the lines like..

Udne Laga Kyon Man Baawla Re

Aaya Kahan Se Yeh Hosla Re

O Re Piya Haye

Our minds are so restless and our thoughts jump from one to the other to another in a jiffy.. atlease mine does :) and then we wonder.. how? what just happened!
And now thinking about "Mann Bawra" check out my previous post on the song from Pyar Ke Side Effects here.

Sazish Mein Shaamil Sara Jahan Hai
Har Zarre Zarre Ki Yeh Iltiza Hai

When we are thinking about certain things.. some right, some wrong, some that go our way and some which don't and for the ones which don't we think the entire world's conspiring against us..
this reminds me of a book I once read.. yes you read that right.. I did read a book called "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho in which it says.. you should believe in what you want and once you start believing in it the entire universe conspires to make it happen... if you'd ask me.. I think it's wishful thinking... but then who says we shouldn't be optimistic? Think Positive!

Chalna Aahiste Ishq Naya Hai

Pehla Yeh Vada Humne Kiya Hai

When you make commitments.. try and stick to them, hold onto your thoughts before you take action!

It's a soft and peaceful song.. I'd recommend it!

No comments: