Monday, October 22, 2007

Mauja Hi Mauja - Jab We Met

Playback - Mika Singh (Daler Mehndi's brother - for those who didn't know)

Music - Pritam Chakraborty

Lyrics - Imran Kamil

Dance is what I want to do when I hear this song!
It's this nice Punjabi song with dhol music playing along which makes it a whole lot of fun.

The beginning tone reminds me of the beginning of the title song of Range De Basanti.. think about it..

I don't understand Punjabi and neither do I understand too much of the song.. but I still like it.
It's just got this nice and happy feel to it.

It's been well sung by Mika too.. his second hit number after "Dil mein baji guitar" from Apna Sapna Money Money.. and yes, he's also been over television in the dance reality show called Jhalak Dikhla Ja on SET.. haven't watched him dance ever.. but I think he is a whole lot of drama.. and yea.. you have Rakhi Sawant on the rival dance show on the rival channel!
Nach Baliye 3 on STAR Plus.. co-incidence or taking the fight all the way :)

Coming to the song.. Shahid and Kareena look good together and dance well in the song..
Shahid Kapoor.. undoubtedly is very cute.. and pretty sporting I think in comparison with his previous TV appearances. He was pretty humble to dance with the Voice of India contestants, do a performance for Shiamak Davar - his dance guru on Jhalak.. and yes, an appearance on Nach Baliye too.. with Kareena for the promotion of Jab We Met.

I actually begun liking this song after I heard and saw Shahid dance on all these shows!

Do listen to it if you still haven't.

No comments: