Thursday, February 26, 2009

Tennu Le - Jai Veeru

Playback - Omer Inayat

Music - Bappa Lahiri

Lyrics - Sameer

To start with, we've got one more Pakistani singer who's made their big Bollywood break.. welcome Omer Inayat. I think he's got real good talent as a singer and can modulate his voice very well and adapt well to both, English & Hindi.. and not to forget Punjabi in Tennu Le!

He does remind you just a little bit of Atif Aslam who is also another famous Pakistani singer - of Woh Lamhe & Doorie fame.

Omer Inayat is a young singer and Lawyer by profession.. find more info about him here.

The music of this song is composed by Bappi Lahiri's son Bappa Lahiri who made his debut as solo composer for Jai Veeru (starring Fardeen Khan, Kunal Khemu, Dia Mirza amongst others) which is about 2 friends on opposite sides of the game of life :)

I wonder how the film will be.. but Jai Veeru reminds me only of Sholay and Dharmender & Amitabh Bachchan.. nobody can replace the work the 2 stalwarts of Bollywood did in that film.

Back to Tennu Le.. It's got a nice hip-hop feel and can make you groove to the music..
I also like the lines..

You Got something,
Something about you Girl
My Heart Saw Some thing,
Whenever you r around,
My world goes upside Down..
(I guess that's what you feel when you're in love.. and don't know what to do?)

Tenu LeKe Jaana, Apne Naal
Nahi Jeena, Hun Yaara..Inhe Saal..
Adhi Raat, Neend na aave..
Dil nu chain TadpaAave
Adhi Raat, Neend na Aaave..
Dil nu chain Tadpaave..

It's a nice song to sing along to.. find the full song here.

1 comment:

Deepali said...

So I don't totallyyyyy love the song but I do. I mean its strange but when I hear it, I feel like looping it.

The singer is damn good. And I didn't know it was bappi lahiri - he does some really good work once in a while.