Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Pyar Hua Ikraar Hua - Shree 420

Playback - Lata Mangeshkar & Mannadey

Music - Shankar - Jaikishan

If anyone's wondering what's up with the Old songs - blame it on the Radio show Flashback.. I just remembered this song when I posted Kahin door from Anand last night and they played it today.. so it had to feature!

This song is one of my favorite "rain songs" and very well made. Very beautifully sung too.
The music at the beginning of the song is soothing to the ear.. and the flute later.

Raj Kapoor & Nargis were the best pair of their times.. some even wondered howcome they never got married - let's leave that aside though :)

Kehta hai dil rasta mushkil maloom nahi hai kahaan manzil - are the nice lines from the song..

A must add to your oldies' collection!

1 comment:

Deepali said...

Haha I was wondering what was up with all the old songs.
But the old songs are really great - most of the popular ones I mean. I prefer them to many of the songs from our generation.
And this is a fantastic song too thought I don't remember the 'picturization'