Thursday, January 18, 2007

Maula Mere - Anwar

Music - Mithoon, Pankaj Awasthi

Playback - Roopkumar Rathod (Tere Liye & Sandese Ate Hain fame..)

I think the shortest description for this song is - Simply Outstanding!
Extremely well sung and with depth and if I were to say it in Hindi - Dil se gaya hai :)

It's got a very classical feel too with the tabla in the background music... and the part where it's just the violin - awesome!

Coming to the lyrics - I don't understand what Maula Mere means - would love to know.
From the rest of it - I like the lines ..

Aankhen teri kitni haseen.. ke inka aashiq main ban gaya hoon.. mujhko basa le inme tu..
Very typical lines.. but they do sound very nice!

I'm quite a movie buff.. but I actually missed this film - didn't really know about it's release, star cast, etc. but for the song - now I do - It has Nauheed Cyrusi, Hiten Tejwani (Karan of Kyunki), Manisha & brother- Siddharth Koirala..

Listening to this song is a MUST!

1 comment:

nikalank said...

maula mere means "my god"
maula is allah...

i think this fits into the song also...