Monday, October 26, 2009

Shukran Allah - Kurbaan

Playback - Sonu Nigam, Shreya Ghoshal & Salim Merchant

Music - Salim - Sulaiman

Lyrics - Prasoon Joshi

Shukran Allah is a song that's peaceful, melodious & features Sonu Nigam who makes the song a winner any way :)

It's got a bit of Urdu/Arabic & English which explains what Shukran Allah means. It means thank God or the Almighty..

It's a love duet with a good blend of the flute, guitar, sounds of a payal jingling and some bit of the tabla - all in all it's a good mix and soothes the ear..

Some of my favorite lines are:

Tere saaye mein mili har khushi
Tere marzi meri zindagi
Le chal tu chaahe jahaan

In your shadow and whatever you wish, is my wish.. take me where you want..

Meri aankhon mein nazar teri hai
Meri shaam o sher teri hai
Tu jo nahi to main kahaan

In my eyes, you're always present
You form part of my day and world
If you're not there, then I'm lost..

Khil gayi meri kismat
Paake teri yeh chaahat
Hum pe meherbaan do jahaan

It's my good luck that I have your love.. and someone's being kind :)
Thank God..

Personally, I thought the Saif-Kareena pairing had more of a hype quotient than the so called 'chemistry'.. Saif looks worn out and old.. Kareena Kapoor looks just about ok.. but all said and done, Karan Johar has learnt the art of making films out of the "romance" genre and is producing some good movies (Wake up Sid, My Name is Khan - looks interesting) .. going the Yash Raj way :)

Shukran Allah is one of my favorite tracks.. and will be for quite a while :)

Watch the video here & find lyrics here.

No comments: