Sunday, November 04, 2007

Jia Re - Zindagi

Playback - Zubeen Garg

Music - Alaap (Dudul Saikia)

Lyrics - Ravi

Just to refresh a few minds, Zubeen is the famous 'Ya Ali' playback singer from Gangster who is Assamese by origin and this is a song from his first Pop Album called 'Zindagi'.

I actually happened to hear this song for the first time on radio and then it took me a while to figure from where was the song I heard!

I think this song is just brilliantly sung and composed. It's got fantastic music and lyrics..
It somehow just reminds me of Piya Re by Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan - I guess it's just because the song's called Jia Re and there is also a Piya Piya.. in it :)

The song's got feel, and a lot of the guitar in it.. makes me happy!
His official site is www.zubeen.com and more about him here

For the benefit of those who haven't heard or seen this song, here's a snippet:

No comments: