Sunday, March 11, 2007

Mann Ki Lagan - Paap (2003)

Playback - Rahat Fateh Ali Khan

Music - Anu Malik

Mann ki lagan is my pick for the week from the not so old, old songs :)

This film was directed by Pooja Bhatt starring John Abraham and Udita Goswami - never watched it though.. (2 posts in a row for songs from films I haven't watched - now that's weird!)

This song's sung well, got great music and lyrics too..It's got this classical feel to it which could be because of the harmonium and tabla combo which I personally think is more ghazal-like.
I think once in a way Anu Malik does come up with really good music - wish he would be less of a copy-cat!

All said and done, this is one song I really like.. especially these lines:

Aa Ja O Meri Jaan
Mere Dil Ka Jahaan
Maange Teri Khabar
Dhoondhe Tera Nishaan
Laagi Tum Se Man Ki Lagan
Lagan Laagi Tum Se Man Ki Lagan...
Gali-Gali Ghoome Dil Tujhe Dhoondhe...

and then..

Tera Tujhako Saunp De Kya Laagat Hai Mor
Mera Mujhamen Kuchh Naaheen Jo Hovat So Tor
Tere Bin Mera Man
Jaise Ban Men Hiran
Jaise Pagali Pawan
Laagi Tum Se Man Ki Lagan

I think it's a nice, peaceful song for your loved one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love this song... one of my all time fav's... cant get enuff of it...:-)